Friday, November 5, 2010

Old 1951 Popular Mechanics Book

I found this book at an estate sale today, sure it a little beat up but I couldn't pass it up for a dollar . Popular Mechanics has been around since 1902 and is still a very popular magazine. This book is from February 1951 making it 59 years old. This book is the third edition from the Popular Mechanics Craftsman's Library series, making me want to look for the rest of them and collect them.







Looking through it is amazing. Its a book all about building your own furniture, it even includes the drawings and instructions for making them. All the pictures are in black and white and the color pictures are hand drawn. The magazines cover even says "Pictured in Brilliant Full-Color Pages!". So anyways, I am wondering whether I should actually hold on to this and add to my already cluttered room or sell it?

7 comments:

  1. Ah keep it, it's old. I like to save things even if it's pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats in great shape. Can prolly make 100x your money back on it. That or save it to cash out later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is an amazing piece of work I think you sell it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewl story, bra! waiting for updates from you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats pretty awesome man. old crap rocks. retro and whatnot

    ReplyDelete